Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pictures of hail damage

My poor Begonia's :( There was still hail left when I took the pictures. Cool, eh? Not! This is what is left of the Impatients. I think they'll be okay. And there were/are tree leaves everywhere.
My squash plants. I trimmed off the ripped stems, there weren't too many. I hope they can recover from the shredded leaves.
This was what I put over the garden itself to protect the tomatoes and stuff. Although I think the chicken wire deflected a lot of it because the beans look like they didn't get hit.
I wish I had a picture of me when I put this on, I did it in the middle of the storm and made use of the top of the turtle sand box so I didn't get pummeled:) I'm sure I looked interesting with a turtle shell on my back!

3 comments:

KP said...

I wish you had a picture of that too but my imagination alone is serving me quite well my turtle-y friend. I love how you love nature and that you know what in the heck to with it!!

Dawn said...

maybe you can try it again just for our sakes and we would love to see the pictures this time!

Amy G. said...

I love storms! Maybe not the resulting damage, but we just don't get enough of those around here.